Friday, September 7, 2012

Before and After Cafe Chair


I found this metal chair at a thrift store for $5.99. It was pretty ugly with its brown paint and brown vinyl seat, but I could see how cute it could be with the swirl design on the back. At first I wanted to cover the seat in  a swirl design fabric. A year ago I could get it in any color, I even recovered a large ottoman in it for my living room, but now, when I need it, none anywhere. (At least none in the home decor dept of my local fabric store)

I did however find this whimsical black and white fabric with lime green accents, just the colors of my daughters bedroom. I had the green canvas fabric at home for the piping so it was a perfect fit!

Before
I used the vinyl seat cover as a template and cut out my new fabric, an extra layer of batting, black spray paint and Voila! New chair!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good eye finding this cute chair. You made it look fabulous. :) - SP