Sunday, September 23, 2012

My arm chair project. Chair recover.

Found this baby at goodwill for $5. Sanded and painted it. Supposed to be matte stainless steele color not silver but, Oh Well.
I found my inspiration in a pin on pinterest.

I fell in love with this fabric and started stapling it on the seat. It just wasn't coming out right and I realized that I have nowhere in my house to put a yellow and gray chair, so off the fabric came.
...and sat for about a year.
I went on a girls day trip to Portland Oregon, we stopped at Fabric Depot and I had the most fun looking at fabrics! By then I had decided to go with black and white and found this timeless fabric print! The trim I found at Hobby Lobby and I was back in business. Finally finished my chair as I was recovering from foot surgery last fall. 
I love the way it turned out. It's a bit modern for my house, but it makes me smile when I come home and see it there. That's all that matters.

No comments: