Friday, September 21, 2012

Paris Theme Graduation Party ~ Parisian

Last June I threw a graduation party for my daughter, she wanted a Paris theme and it turned out really cute so I thought I would share.
She had a large Eiffel Tower topiary in her room that we used to set the theme on the dessert table.
I used a damask print curtain panel for the table cloth and spread a strand of lights over the table and covered them with a sheer white swirl design panel I bought at Walmart. The lights in the Eiffel tower are a strand of battery operated star lights found at Michael's Craft.



The banner I made using a large (3") scalloped paper punch from Recollections. The paper is the Recollections My Favorite Things Paper Pad also bought at Michael's. The lettering I cut with my Cricut machine in Alphalicious font in lowercase at 2.5". (I may add a tutorial since I took pics as I made it.)
The tissue poms I made from the tutorial on Martha Stewart's website. Used Gray, White and two shades of pink tissue.


My friend Becky made the Whimsical cake and two others. We had a food table and a dessert table with cakes and cookies. The cookies I made in the weeks before the party. Pictured or Almond Kiss Macaroons, Sugar cookies stamped with a heart and Poppy seed Lemon. I got the recipes from old Pillsbury Cookie Books.

 The center pieces are glass container candles that I covered in sheet music with Mod Podge, wrapped with burlap and tied with ribbon. The sparkles are clear gems bought in the floral vase bead section of Michael's.

No comments: