Friday, September 28, 2012

Dry Erase Plate and Tile Food or Message Markers / Label

So cute! So many uses too. I saw the idea for the message plate at the The House of Smiths Blog and found a tutorial for the Markers from Madigan Made on Pinterest. You really don't need instructions, just a Cricut machine and vinyl. At least that is what I used.

I made the plate out of a square small platter from Walmart a few months ago and have had it on my kitchen counter. To hold it, use a plate stand found at Walmart also.

We use it for phone messages, personal messages and a grocery list. It is also great for company, you can put it in the entry to tell your guests where to put their coats or as a Welcome.


I think another great idea would be for a bake sale, list your prices or hours of service if you have a business.
The markers are best for a buffet to identify the food items but if you Think about it there are dozens of uses.


Here I was trying some ideas for using the plate and Markers. I wish I had these markers for a recent graduation party. I was going to make some with cardstock, but ran out of time. In the future,  it will be great to grab and use them. All you need is a dry erase marker.



I bought these edge tiles a the (Habitat for Humanity) Restore. Building supplies are donated there and it is a great place to pick up odds and ends. They had these four white tiles for $1 each. I'm not sure what they sell for at Home Depot. I then went through the icons on my Home Decor Cricut Cartridge and chose the symbols I thought would be cute. That is why I put them on the front and back of the tiles. I wouldn't normally do that. I will peel off the extra once I decide the combos I want to use. I also wanted to show that you can use the tiles on the flatter short side or the angled longer side.
(and, I see that I spelled squares wrong. I was in hurry, also, not my best penmanship)

These tile would also be great if you let each of your kids choose an image or put the inital on each and then use them to post their chore for the day or a reminder that you set by the front door. There really are so many uses.

Don't forget to write 'I love you' or 'You make me Happy' and put it on their nighstand.
( I better go do that right now.  :)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like it! Cute idea you have there.

Another option: You can also write on both sides of the name plate and place in the middle of a table when there are 2 lines on each side of a buffet table, that way both lines on each side can see what it says. :)
~S